Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Austin Road Trip

I took a road trip with SweetD last week to see Monkey and her little one in Austin while picking up the lovely suit I managed to leave behind last month.
Good times.
Honestly though...good times.
The road trip was fun and while I'm slightly opposed to putting the mileage on the GTI, it was fun to let it unwind a bit on the backroads. I'm so happy with that purchase. You just don't know.

SweetD spent the IAH AUS leg of the journey calling out interesting items that I just HAD to look at.
Only she waited until they had just passed to tell me.
Exactly.
Can't you see I'm driving here? I need some warning if you want me to look at something.
She just couldn't help herself. Even after I pointed it out she kept it up, in fact, at one point she was actually biting her tongue to keep herself from continuing.

Anyway, the visit with Monkey was fantastic. We started with lunch at Mighty Fine Bugers and then went back to her place for conversation and dessert. Mighty Fine makes a damned good burger, and the hand cut crinkly fries are delish.
Dessert at Monkey's house was a leftover home cooked creme brulee that she kindly offered to let me dig into. Those of you who know me will understand how quickly I agreed to take it off of her hands. It was so tasty, so wonderfully tasty.
If you ever have the means I highly recommend you pick one up.

Also, her little one has a fantastic pirate-ship-water-table contraption that caused a bit of a water fight outside. A little water never hurt anyone though, just causes giggles.
Except maybe the wicked witch, and she was misunderstood.
Poor thing.

That's all I've got.
Back in a day or two to finish up some thoughts on the two posts below.
Uncruel...thank you so much for your comments man. You never fail to amaze me with your words.


-pointing at the ketchup

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still like reading you after all these years.