Wednesday, June 15, 2011

4 glasses of wine

And I'm a bit drunk.
I'd say tipsy...but I'm past that stage. Tnough I seem to be typing somewhat decently, so go figure.
Anyway, yes...4 glasses of some sort of Top Chef Pinot Noir, it was delicious by the way, and I'm seeing more than one stove in the kitchen.
There's onlly supposed to be one.
Exactly.

Man I'm hitting the delete key alot. You dont' even know.
Hahaha.

Anyway...so I'm in Austin Texas visiting Monkey and her lovely family. I drove up here this afternoon, had a lovely dinner cooked by Monkey and too many glasses of whine to accompany said dinner. Yes, wine...it was delish...did I mention that? perhaps I did...I don't know.
Byt here's the thing...family...especially for little kids...
Do they need it? Grandparents and cousins and whatnot...how important are they? Because I firmly believe that it takes a village to raise a child, but I don't know that the village needs be all family and blood relations. In fact, I'd venture to say that those folks hand picked by the parents as good enough to set positive examples for the little ones are far better than blood relations.
Perhaps I'm biased, as Little A (Hotflashin's daughter) is a prime example, and I'm known as Uncle in that family...but honestly...blood relations you have no cchoice with, you take the good with the bad...everyone else...
Everyone else just has to be a badass or else you dump them and refuse to let them around your kid.
But that's just me.

Part of why I want littlesub here is that H has neither family nor an extensive network of friends...it's pretty much just the two of them. I want him to know that there are plenty of people out there that he can depend on, rely on, look up to...

Meh.
I'm drunk and headed to bed.
Hope you've allhad a fabulous Tuesday night...I know I did. :) hehehe


-lightweight

No comments: