Friday, June 10, 2011

long weekends

Yesterday was my first day back from a five day weekend.
Five days...no joke.
Then I had what they call a short turn, and it's a double today and tomorrow.
Forty hours in just 3 days. It's a bit insane I know...but by doing the doubles I've managed to whittle myself down to a meager 12 days of work this month. My next weekend is six days long. I don't have a clue what to do with myself.

No, that's not entirely true.
I'll be hanging out with the niece again at the neighborhood pool. Once again the climbing and dunking toy of little kids everywhere. Ha...that was Tuesday...and we had a ton of fun. But yes, a repeat is in my future.
Also, I moved my current homebrew (a Scottish Ale) into the secondary. I'm guessing that I had a stuck fermentation because it started bubbling away again not six hours after being transferred.
Anyway, so this next batch of days will contain soap making as well as sausage making, and possibly...hopefully...a trip to Austin. I am very much looking forward to it.

When I think about the next year and what it has in store, I freak out a little.
All of these projects make me happy, my goal is to by property and do those projects full time...but sometimes the prospect is a little overwhelming. Right now I need to confirm status of littlesub and his visit here this summer. Then I'll be looking into what kind of property is available.
Baby steps.


-freakin' out man

No comments: