Sunday, June 26, 2011

dreaming big

Motivation from webcomics:
"When even the smallest dream seems impossible, there is little motive to dream any larger. Work towards the small, and the larger will clarify."

That should be a mantra.

So much of what I wanted seemed impossible or completely out of reach. But here lately I've just ignored all the naysayers and the whatifs and decided to just do it.
Kind of like the cult of done.
Or perhaps Nike.
Damn you giant corporations and your catchy slogans.
Still though...yes...
Just do it.

Also, Sam and Fuzzy is pretty funny and a good way to pass a 16 hour shift.
When things are slow.
So not yesterday...yesterday everything was crazy nonstop crazy.
Did I mention crazy?

Back to the point...little dreams, a bunch of them make big dreams. I think they build up like a train gaining steam. With every little project I become more confident that I can do whatever I want.
In fact...
Talking to SweetD a few weeks ago, we were discussing my dream to build a house from scratch by myself...this is so ingrained in what I want, something I've thought about for so long that her question took me a bit by surprise...
"Do you even know how to build a house? I mean...have you ever built one before?"
Have I what now?
Of course I haven't...but that doesn't faze me anymore. I have read, researched, listened, discussed, and learned so much over the past, wow, 8 years...that (coupled with my recent confidence from all of these projects) I KNOW in my heart, there is no doubt, that I am fully capable of building a house.
Sure, I'll need help with the few plumbing and electrical measures I plan on including...but the building? I've got this.
I'm on it.

I think she was equally shocked that I was so certain...that I AM so certain, that I can do it.
Looking back at it, I think I'm shocked that it takes questions like that...and comments here from good friends about the assumed inevitability of these things...to make me truly face my future.
Weird times.

So yes...end of ranting ramble...hope you're having a lovely weekend.


-capable hands

No comments: