Thursday, September 09, 2010

Before Canada

I am so stoked for this weekend.
Vancouver is full of such fantastic people and yours truly will be fully emersed over the next 3 or 4 days.

As this is typed, eight hours into a ten hour shift, my mind can't fully comprehend the joy that awaits. Written like that it sounds like a Disneyland for adults. But mostly, it's just Disneyland for a person like me.
Though, it is such a beautiful city with a ton of fun things to do, so there is no doubt that many people would love a visit. But no seriously...Dizz-knee-land.
Because these folks that have managed to become a part of my world there in the lovely BC...have altered my perception of time.

You see...everyone else has BC and AD...Before Christ and Anno Domini, literally "year of our lord".
Or for those who are devoutly non-religious...heh...see what I did there?
Anyway, for those who reject all religious icons or denominations, or perhaps just reject all Christian Dates and times, there is BCE and CE, or Before Common Era and Common Era.
BCE and BC are the same, as are CE and AD.
It all gets quite confusing, but not nearly as confusing as the calendar that has suddenly been thrust into my head.

You see, I have BC and AC. That is Before Canada and After Canada. As such, I was born in 28 BC, and the current year is 6 AC.
Mind blowing.
I KNOW.

Okay, I'm a bit out of control, but you were told at the beginning that I am stoked, and these kids, especially Mogivite, they all have such a profound effect on me every single time I am with them.
More than likely I will be mentally and emotionally exhausted by the end of these 4 days and I will be more than ready to go home. But that is due to overstimulation and all of the many positive things that I'll get out of it not from anything negative.
Also sushi...remind me to get the sushi.

Right.
Now I really am the rambling man.

This started out with a vague notion that I would hit all of the possible locations...here at the office, in the air, where you are right now as you read this.
But it kind of took on a manic little life of it's own...and I'm okay with that.
Quite okay.

I hope you're okay too.


-lengthy and confused

No comments: