Saturday, September 11, 2010

Community

What happened to everybody?
No really...
What.
Happened?

You see, this whole weblog phenomena that I'm happy to write about over and over again started for me back in the lovely year of 2002ish...I believe. I'll have to check and then come back at some point to edit that number.

So yes...I've been doing this for a while.
But when these words first left my lovely brain and hit the net it was part of a community of bloggers. A group of people who had easy access to eachother.
That's something I miss.
I want that long list of possible good reads, and not necessarily all professionaly written daily updated topic specific blogs either.
Just good intelligent people with varying ideas and viewpoints sitting down and talking about what they had for lunch or that asshole who cut them off in traffic.

Perhaps what we need is a new list of some sort...a new community.
Perhaps I just need to find a decent blogroll.

Along that vein, why don't you all say hello. All three of you who read here on a regular basis sure, but especially those few of you who lurk and have never commented. Take a second to say hello and introduce yourself. It'd be nice to know who you are. Plus, if you write on your own...maybe I'll go peruse your mental ramblings and have some fun while I'm at it. You never know.
You just never know.
So say hello.
Go now.
Do it.
Click the button.

Thank you.
At any rate...It's late and I'm finally out. I'll post this for Saturday. Should be getting back from Vancouver at some point on Sunday. In fact, I'm probably partying it up right now! Woot!
Yay future me!

Stories will be told.
Promise.


-built this city

7 comments:

Princess Pixybell said...

I'll be the first.
Hello all the way from England, somewhere up North called 'The Wirral'. I'm a small girl who often lurks on this website as sub writes from the heart and its always a pleasure to read. As for me and the blog I reside upon mine is a jokey thing, something to have a laugh on and mainly to skit others!!. Come on join the community and say hello. xx

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Abberatia said...

I've been inspired. Abberatia is back in business!

txgrlnxtdoor said...

Just have to say, you crack me up! And I wanted to share what I have learned about Sub....He is the most honest person I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. In the 16yrs that I have known you, you have never strayed from your true character. I value that in our friendship! No one ever has to ponder where they stand with you, because you always tell it like it is.

Cat said...

Oh, you're smart enough to figure it out when I comment. And I comment randomly, just as I read you randomly. But I was there when there was chemistry and magic in that community. I miss it so much. That's where we met!! :)

UnCruel said...

Hi, I'm Michael, and I'm a blogoholic. My last post was three years, eight months ago. I still think about starting up blogging again; just this morning, in fact. One day at a time, I guess.

AFAIK, such communities no longer exist. Most of us are consumers of entertainment, and blogging has fallen under that umbrella. What remains is 140 character non-communication, in support of, rather than in lieu of, the spoken word. Why? Because online communication induces the release of almost no oxytocin.

Nevertheless, the connections I made remain.

"Monkey" apparently said...

Hi. I am "monkey" apparently. It is very nice to meet you. :)