Thursday, September 16, 2010

Vancouver Day 2

Woke up midmorning and the 4 of us (myself, Mogivite, his bother E, and brother's wife A...yes, single letters for now, give me a break)...so yes, the 4 of us headed out for the Fraser Canyon. I had no clue what the plan was other than we'd be outdoors for the day. We did the 2 hour car trip complete with McDonald's stop, sadly too late for breakfast, as well as a lovely phonecall from babymama letting me know that our wonderful son had thrown a rock through a neighbors car window.
Good times.
I might tell that full story later. Maybe. Don't know. Suffice to say he is grounded and I'm a couple hundred poorer than I was prior to said rock blasting through said window.

Anyway, so we finally made our destination: Hell's Gate Airtram It runs down into the canyon where you get a good look at the salmon runs as well as the blasted rock and whatnot. There was a fisheries museum giving us a good idea of what happened in the area and how important it was that the salmon runs be fixed . "In all honesty" heh...I really enjoyed this part of the trip. Also, they have a fudge shop there and though I don't normally eat fudge...
This stuff is phenomenal!
Not even joking.
Phenomenal.

So yes, we saw the sights, learned some things, ate some fudge. As we were leaving everyone agreed that it was pretty cool but much smaller than we imagined. Which is funny because apparently none of those three had been there as kids and that's the common complaint when you see something as an adult that you also saw as a child right?
That it all seems much smaller?
But yeah...none of us had that prior experience. I'm thinking the word Airtram makes a person imagine a long trip up a mountain or something, and this (while very cool and interesting) was much shorter than what our minds had conjured up.

On the way back from the Airtram I convinced E to make a detour and we went hiking up to Alexandra Bridge I think his wife A got pics. Hopefully I'll get my hands on a few. We'll see.
I had a great time. E and his wife A are both great people that I would happily hang out with again. Maybe a trip to Phoenix before the end of the year. Woot!
Let's see...so that night, back at Mogivite's apartment, the lovely redhead made dinner and the two of us had a very good conversation waiting on him to come back from a meeting. He showed up with friends and there was some Wii to be had. Eventually we all hit the hay though, and Day 2 came to an end.


-in all honesty

No comments: