Sunday, January 09, 2011

shopping for zombies

The weekend was good.
A night out with friends where it was confirmed that, should there be an actual zombie apocolypse...they will all hunt me down and ask for my help in rebuilding the world. Being a nerd that loves to make things has resulted in my own zombie protection team. Woot!

Next day I went out and spent my christmas money. A few books...Cod by Mark Kurlansky, and World War Z by Max Brooks. Cod because Hotflashin lent me Salt a little over a year ago and I loved it. World War Z because...well...Zombies! heh
Then I grabbed a new shirt from Banana Republic. I love that store as much as any straight man can possibly love a clothing store.
Right...moving on...

The cleanse is currently on day 7. Looks like I've lost a little over 10 pounds. The main thing though, is that I currently have no desire to go back to fast food or other items that are horribly unhealthy.
I'll still eat bacon though.
But yeah, looks like my habits have truly been reset. I just have to keep this mindset and see it through.
Oh, and I've learned that I can talk about food, watch tv shows about food, research recipes...all no issue even on this fast.
But smell it? Oh hells no.
That is a problem.
If I see or smell food my instincts take over from the brain and make a strong push to overcome my willpower.
So I've been avoiding any sort of meal. Which just makes sense really, so no one is giving me too hard a time about it. Though both the sister and SweetD have made me promise to start eating again soon. So tomorrow I'll start yogurt and in a day or two will come applesauce and bananas and whatnot. Week 2 will finish out with broths and soups.

Back to the weekend. I spent last night playing Rockband 3 with Hotflashin and her husband.
Good times.
I miss them.
Must make time for more quality...er...time.
Yes.


-in case of zombies...follow me

No comments: