Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Megamind

Megamind

Director - Tom McGrath
Writer - Alan J. Schoolcraft

Starring - Will Ferrell, Jonah Hill, and Brad Pitt

This is your classic superman vs supervillian movie, with a decent sized twist. I liked Megamind. The boy and I saw this in 3D at the theatre in Carrickfergus. There were very little of the crazy 3D gimmicks. I think the film companies are laying off of that a bit more.
Just give me decent 3D. There's no need to throw anything directly at my face.
Thank you very much.
Yes, anyway...classic setup with a very good twist. The one liners are excellent and the voice acting is well done. This is a fantastic movie for a little kid. The boy is 9 now and his trip with me was his second viewing. He insisted on this movie too so I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he gives it a thumbs up.
This was a very good movie for the little ones while still managing to thoroughly entertain the adults.
Well, this adult was entertained.

There's an interesting idea put forth in the idea that when we fight for, or against, something for most of our lives...well...what do we do when that adversarial relationship is gone?
I liked it. Even ranked it #5 for the year, putting it just a tiny smidge under Harry Potter DH.
I don't think you'll be disappointed at all. Go see it.
Or rent it maybe...this review is somewhat late.
Meh.
It also closes out 2010.

Tron is next on the list, and will be a sturdy #1 for 2011. But well...yes...just one movie for now so there you go.


-the black sheep

2 comments:

UnCruel said...

The facial expression of emotion was fantastic in this movie. The scene where Megamind is confronted about his deception was just ... wow.

sublimenigma said...

You're right...that's the other thing I should have mentioned. The actual animation on this one was top notch.