Tuesday, May 31, 2011

must be 18 to enter

It was a very full weekend, very full indeed.
3 days off and a holiday to boot. Excellent!

Friday I worked a night shift.
Saturday, I saw Hangover Part 2. If you liked the first one, see the second one. Yes it is an almost identical plot in the most basic sense, but it’s still hilarious. I’m way behind on the reviews…you’ll be seeing a lot of them over the next two weeks.

Anyway, the real highlight of the film wasn’t the movie, it was the fact that I managed to refrain from choking the hell out of the woman next to me.
Out of control, I know…but allow me to set the scene.

Saturday afternoon on Memorial Day weekend for a relatively popular release…I manage to walk into the theatre right as the previews start...it’s obviously packed. As a result, my seat choice was limited so I picked something on the first row up the stairs. Not as far back as I would have liked, but not front row either. With it as full as it is I moved all the way in and left two seats open on the end of the row. Two or three previews in a woman came and sat down right next to me.
Not rude or a problem right? Nothing really wrong here…why are you so angry Sub? This is what you are asking yes?
You see, her daughter was sitting on the other side of her.
Still confused yes? Not sure why I’d be so angry about a mother and daughter sitting down next to me at an R rated movie. I get it. I do…so I’ll add the final bit of information that should explain everything.
Her daughter was maybe six or seven years old.

Exactly.

I was livid. I really was. It was all I could do not to cuss her sorry ass out of the theatre. Who the hell brings a seven year old to a rated R movie that we all know will be chock full of nudity and foul language.
Perhaps she didn’t realize? Sure…lets give her the benefit of the doubt. Except that, should she have been confused, you’d expect that this poor mother would have been shocked, and immediately left the theatre the first time there was excessive cussing or a naked cock was shown on the screen.
You know…the responsible thing.
Instead, this woman was just laughing and laughing. Yay for horribly scarring your daughter you crazy bitch.

Still mad. Yes, I am.

It isn’t as if Kung Fu Panda 2 didn’t come out the same weekend. There were other far more appropriate options.
Galldarnrickafracka!
Anyway, I kept my mouth shut and didn’t cause a scene. Mostly because I don’t know her and it’s not my business if she wants to be a terrible parent. Had she been family or a friend I’d have torn them a new one.
So yes…excitement of the wrong sort but excitement nonetheless.

Saturday night we got the band back together, and Sunday afternoon was spent at a family lunch with my Uncle and cousins.

Sunday night I hit TQLA in the Washington Corridor area downtown. D-frickin-licious. I had a crawfish spinach enchilada with mushroom sauce and goat cheese. Go eat there. It was awesome. My date loved her meal too. Good times.
Speaking of dates. We had a lot of fun. The conversation was excellent and I’m really comfortable with her. I don’t think we’ll be anything more than make out partners…but I’ve said for a long time that people don’t make out enough…so we can do our small part to fix that. Heh

Then yesterday was dinner with the family. Dad made ribs and brought potato salad, while I provided eggplant, asparagus, and a roasted potato and carrot dish. I have a picture of it, I’ll try and throw that in here tomorrow. Everything was fantastic.
Dad and I finished the evening with rootbeer/whiskey floats.
Wheeeee!

That is all. I think you have enough to read for today. Go try a rootbeer/whiskey float. Just a little less than a shot of whiskey is enough to provide a pleasant kick without overpowering the rootbeer or ice cream.
Do it.


-fun for all ages

1 comment:

Abberatia said...

I loved your weekend! Can't wait to see the MakeOut Girl situation develop. TQLA? Washington avenue? Hmmmmm, I've been avoiding Wave like the plague but it might be time to revisit.