Friday, October 01, 2010

motivation

It's difficult to muster motivation at the office lately.
You see...sometime not too long after June of 2011, I will no longer work for the company.
I say that, I guess there are always alternative possibilities, but they are moving, and I don't plan on going with them.
So yeah...no job in 9 months.

But that's nine months from now. In the meantime I just keep reminding myself that I'm proud of my work and that I'd like to leave here knowing that I did my absolute best all the way to my last day here.
Then sometimes...yeah...it's difficult muster that motivation.
That's a fantastic phrase...muster motivation.
Heh.

Anyway, yes...motivation...I've found it in so many other places lately. There's a half built rocket sitting on my coffee table waiting patiently for me to finish...it'll be done and skybound sometime in the next 10 days or so. My lovely car had work done to it, and I'll crawl underneath to change the oil this weekend.
I have just about everything I need to make soap at home.
It's also time to do cider again...and beer. Mmmmm beer.
Then Hotflashing and I had discussed the possibility of her and the little one helping me make another batch of cheese. Apparently the little one thought my last batch was the best stuff ever. Woot.
So yes...more cheese.

I've been reading the foxfire books, and researching home building techniques online. I want this offgrid life. Perhaps this is my opportunity.
I'm mostly dreaming wildly and having fun with all of the learning and doing. It probably won't actually happen, but it's been in the back of my mind so often lately...popping up and inspiring me.

For the past 6 months or so I've said over and over that true happiness would be waking up in a handbuilt house and teaching other people to make bread and butter and soap and wine and beer and cider, oh and cheese.
That would be pure joy.

It's a thought.


-hand built man

4 comments:

Princess Pixybell said...

I know the feeling, our contract is in the hands of the government at the moment and we have been told we will know around Christmas time what is happening to us. It will either be an ok Christmas or a really shitty one. As you can see our motivation in work slides once in a while, erm when we play with kids masks, fake turds and o'yes the odd water fight we had last week. So I guess you could say we are all REALLY motivated in our job haha!! x

UnCruel said...

Wow. I had never thought of you as the foxfire, off-grid type. I suppose the beard should have given it away. Just don't mail any bombs to anyone, m'kay?

sublimenigma said...

Fingers crossed Pixie.
Uncruel...no bombs, I promise.

The books were my Grandad's. I spent summers at his property just a few hours north of Houston.
Don't know why I'm drawn to it so much...but it just makes sense.

Hot Flashin' Momma said...

Did you ever see the movie The Village?