Thursday, October 21, 2010

running through my mind

I think alot.
Alot alot.
And that's okay. I'm good with that.

There's an argument to be made that the brain is more powerful when we exercise it. Something that this man agrees with wholeheartedly.
Yet...exercise in this case requires a problem or process that must be sorted, fixed, or overcome.
Too often this is not the sort of thing that is running through my head.
Especially lately.

Have you ever noticed that when your brain gets moving on a painful or negative subject...that you just can't get off of it?
It's like a scab. The brain just picks and picks and picks at it...keeping that wound open and causing it to bleed all in the head till it consumes most of our thoughts.
Okay...my thoughts.
Which is one reason that I like difficult, hi stress, focused jobs. It requires the brain to focus on the task at hand.
In fact, that's probably why I'm enjoying all of the projects so much more now and trying to focus on them.

There's a group of thought that by focusing on the moment, actively recognizing that I'm sitting at a computer in the office, my back to the window, with a bit of airconditioning blowing down as I type on these keys...
That focusing on this moment I can kill the repetative negative train of thought. That I can, in fact, train my brain to be more focused when needed, and to perhaps go a bit quiet when not needed.
Peace and quiet would be nice right about now...because this constant motion is just too much.

Meh.


-noisy on the inside

No comments: