Saturday, April 16, 2011

new math

Last night saw yours truly entering a bar not too far from Post Oak to hang out with California.
California is the lovely minion who is moving with me to the new job, so she'll soon cease to be a minion and will then be a coworker.
California is probably my new best friend.
That sounds silly, and neither Hotflashin' nor Monkey have anything to worry about...but yes...California and I have a mad brother/sister/bff connection. It is awesome.

Anyway, we met for drinks, she introduced me to her new man, good times were had.
Too much good times.
Too much.

Now it hurts.
It hurts because two shots were ordered, with the thought that this would see me through the rest of the evening. Only those two shots were both doubles and California's new man bought another round on top. With a bit of quick alcoholic math you can see how two shots quickly became six, and now it hurts.
It was fun though, and this man needed the trip out of the house. So yes.
How was your Friday night?


-hungover

2 comments:

Abberatia said...

I'm so happy you've made a friend. And with a name like California she must be cool! Although, next time you're on Post Oak you better call me!

Anonymous said...

as interesting as your blog is, I miss the days when you used to actually sit down and write, not a review or an update on your life, but genuine thoughts