Monday, April 04, 2011

on seasoned fries

I call this place subliminal hits, a reference to background thoughts and ideas, to dreams and random notions...
Last night found this man tossing and turning as dreams and thoughts assaulted his mind with stunning clarity. At one point chased by ex girlfriends begging for marriage, another I had slept in past my showtime at the new job...the one I don't start for 3 more weeks. Inbetween are half remembered images of real people that I know in surreal settings...a hospital, a mountainside, a desert ridge...
Waking suddenly, covered in sweat, at the thought of screwing myself so thoroughly at the new job...it took me a minute to gather my thoughts, to realize that it was monday morning, that I still have a month to go at the old job before starting the new.

Then I realized that this was my body's way of paying me back for drinking and staying out far too late last night. Evil evil body.
So my painful yelling sweaty sorry bag of bones was rolled out of bed, quickly showered, though I wanted desperately to stay under the spray of hot water for an hour at the very least...and got ready for work.

Work is good...meh...make that decent. I'm dealing with the douche supervisor...and I don't even know why he's here, but he is. Whatever, I'll make do.
For all of my whining about hangovers and the pain we must endure the morning after, I had fun last night with that minion that needs a nickname and one of our flight attendants. Good times and good conversations...followed by a late night snack at Jack in the Box.
Let's be honest, my body was probably more angry about Jack in the Box than the drinking. Lesson learned...I'll try to refrain from the siren song that is Jack's seasoned curly fries in future.


-what happened last night

3 comments:

UnCruel said...

The foundation of good french fry seasoning: one part salt, one part granulated sugar. You can add other stuff for color and flavor, but the salt+sugar is what makes it good. Best sprinkled on french fries that have just come out of the deep fryer.

Alternatively, you can go to Steak 'n' Shake and buy their french fry seasoning in a bottle.

sublimenigma said...

You know, there was a time when I would have thought you crazy for suggesting sugar on french fries...
But Steak 'n' Shake is fantastic, and so is WingStop, and both have sugar in theirs.
I'll definitely try this at home next time I make them.

UnCruel said...

The secret ingredient to all successful restaurant food is sugar.