Wednesday, February 02, 2011

how do you hack it

It's amazing what pressure and stress will do to a person and how they will handle it.

I've got a minion who apparently sat in her car and cried for a good ten minutes before walking in the door today. But I mean, her purse was stolen this weekend along with her house and car keys and like 600 dollars in cash. On top of that we are in the middle of the perfect storm of weather issues for the travel industry.
I'd hate to be trying to get anywhere in the US this week. Much better to stay home.
I'm just sayin'.

Anyway, yeah...she had that cry, and now her attitude on the floor in the middle of all this craziness and all of the crazy coworkers has been fantastic. She's totally risen to the occasion.

I actually said that in my interview...that I perform better under stress, not that I enjoy it, just that...well...when shit goes bad, that's when my A game comes on. I don't know. I step up and take control.
Like I was built for adversity.
Good thing I guess given my current job status.

Alright, back to work.


-shopping cart hero

No comments: