Thursday, February 10, 2011

True Grit

True Grit

Directed - The Coen Brothers
Written - Charles Portis

Starring - Jeff Bridges, Matt Damon, and Hailee Steinfeld

True Grit stays true to its roots.
I haven't seen the John Wayne version all the way through. Okay, that's a shame and something I should fix, I know...but from what I've seen of the two, the new movie deviates very little from the original telling.
Jeff Bridges, Matt Damon, Josh Brolin, Barry Pepper...all well done. I'll even say to look out for the young girl from the film...Hailee Steinfeld. We expect excellent work from the other names on that list, but she was no slouch.
Also, I love the dialogue in this film. In fact, I may just go get the book.
It's a well done retelling of a classic John Wayne western. You'll get exactly what you expect from that sort of description and I'd be shocked if you were unhappy with the results. I certainly wasn't.
Go see it, it's number 1 on my list so far this year.


-a saucy line

No comments: